Monday, December 15, 2014

Plague remedies, medieval medicine, Marco Polo

The Medievalverse, Issue 108 - check out this internet link as it has two fabulous (actually more but two of them caught my eye) articles -


One has to do with plague remedies and has a great black and white picture of Florence.  Interesting plague remedy, but I guess if I was desperate ...


We also talk about medieval medicine in Book #3 of The Vespers Trilogy and the other talks about the taste of medieval food - which DEFINITELY was not bland.


Also - check out Marco Polo - the new Netflix miniseries.   We watched the whole series and it was terrific.  I'll have to dig out my Travels of Marco Polo and see how accurate some of it (my Mongol history is a little fuzzy) but I thought it was well done and certainly kept my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment