Sunday, October 26, 2014

Erice, Easter in Sicily and other good eats

So I'm buzzing along making travel plans for next year's trip to Sicily.  My friend Bruno in Siracusa asked me if I knew I would be coming at Easter time.  I said a resounding YES!  I hope to not only observe what goes on at Easter in Sicily, but to find out what special foods are prepared for this very special holiday.  I plan to use all these special foods in Book #3, now called Death of the Leopard.  If you are Sicilian or Italian and prepare special foods for Easter, please share them with us on this blog!  I hope to find out whether special Easter foods were served in the 13th century, or if medieval food and recipes are still served today.  


Last but not least, I'm looking at staying in Erice for three days or so.  First, because I want to explore the Greek temples in Agrigento, the medieval salt museum and salt pans in Trapani, but also because I remember Erice as being beautiful.  The Phoenicians, Romans, Byzantines, Greeks - all contributed to the beauty of that town - and there were some spectacular battles around there as well in ancient times.


Google Erice on the internet and see some beautiful beautiful pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment